Full membership of the Pride in Diversity Program is $5,000.00 plus GST per annum. Members will receive the following benefits:
- A dedicated account manager to provide ongoing organisational support in all aspects of LGBT inclusion and to ensure that you maximise the full benefits of the program
- Invitation to member roundtables conducted across most states several times a year to discuss topical LGBT workplace issues and to share good practice amongst PID employers, broadening your diversity network
- Invitation to LGBT member networking events for your LGBT Network Groups and Allies
- Free high quality training sessions on Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity in the workplace, tailored to meet the needs of your executive, HR / Diversity team or general staff members. These sessions can be substituted for LGBT Network Working Groups, All Staff Presentations or Diversity Council training
- 25% discount consulting for special projects, LGBT Train the Trainer or internal training program development
- Free copies of Pride in Diversity annual publication with the ability to upload to your intranet.
- Members-only website with resources, research, presentations, videos, photos, workplace guides and a regular e-bulletin to keep you up to date and connected
- Targeted recruitment and marketing to the LGBT community via members-only job pages on our website - ability to post jobs and organisational profile.
- Optional entry into the Australian Workplace Equality Index with a tailored feedback meeting, full benchmarking data and full program support for continuous improvement (worth $1,350.00)
- Exclusive use of the Pride in Diversity logo to promote your active participation in the program
- An opportunity to build your brand reputation and leadership on diversity via sponsorship initiatives and website promotion
- An opportunity for your LGBT network group and allies to participate in the Pride in Diversity entry of the Sydney Gay and Lesbian Mardi Gras parade (numbers pending)
- Access to Pride and Diversity speaker for company events, launches, diversity celebrations
- Nomination of an internal LGBT Network Leader contact. This person will also have access to support and advice from the Pride in Diversity program and will be our contact for co-ordination of company participation in LGBT networking events.
- Opportunity to participate in Pride in Diversity community fundraising events.
- Meetings to assist with strategy direction and input.
- Unlimited telephone / email support for key organisational contacts.
- Discounted ticket prices at our annual Pride in Practice LGBT Workplace Conference.
An associate membership for smaller organisations (less than 100 employees) is available for $2500.00 per year plus GST. Individuals may also join for $225.00 plus GST with limited benefits. For more information on these membership tiers, please contact Dawn Hough, Program Director on (02) 9206.2136.
Pride in Diversity Program Mandate on Transgender and Intersex Inclusion
Mid 2010, Pride in Diversity met with several key transgender and intersex bodies and identifying individuals to discuss how the Pride in Diversity program might best support our members around transgender and intersex workplace inclusion.
It is important to the Pride in Diversity program that we do support all those who identify as transgender or intersex while being respectful of differences and the often 'uncomfortable' grouping of 'LGBTI' along with the implications of using such an acronym. The following document arose from these discussions and provides what we believe to be the most respectful and effective way forward.
We are happy for our members to utilise this document and encourage all members to book in the free on-site training offered in relation to Sexual Orientation and Gender Identity in the workplace. Within this training a clear explanation of the differences between those who identify as Gay, Lesbian, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex are explained and awareness and education is provided in relation to the the need for workplaces to be inclusive of all people as well as the need for HR and Diversity professionals to be sensitive to specific challenges faced.
Download: Pride in Diversity Transgender and Intersex Inclusion (docx)
More information: Please contact Program Director Dawn Hough on (02) 9206 2136