Pride in Sport Index & Awards
The Pride in Sport Index is an initiative of the Australian Human Rights Commission and the Australian Sports Commission and a legacy of the Bingham Cup, Sydney. Following the release of the Out on the Fields study in May 2015, the largest international study examining homophobia in sport, these organisations commissioned Pride in Diversity to develop a Pride in Sport Index.
The Pride in Sport Index™ (PSI) is the first and only benchmarking instrument specifically designed to assess the inclusion of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTI) people within Australian sport and sporting organisations. Participating in the index will allow Australian sporting organisations to not only assess their own practice, but determine that which constitutes good practice, along with the ability to benchmark their own initiatives against an external measure and other sporting organisations.
An advisory group has been established to assist Pride in Diversity in the development of the Pride in Sport Index. The advisory group includes; the National Rugby League (NRL), the Australian Football League (AFL), the Australian Rugby Union (ARU), Football Federation Australia (FFA), Cricket Australia, Swimming Australia, Water Polo Australia, Basketball Australia and Golf Australia.
Pride in Sport Full Benchmarking Submission Documents
- 2017 Pride in Sport Index Information Document
- 2017 Pride in Sport Index Completion Guide (to assist you with completing your submission)
- 2017 Pride in Sport Full Benchmarking Submission Document
Pride in Sport Submission Forms for Associated Awards
- 2017 Pride in Sport Inclusion Champion – Ally Award Nomination
- 2017 Pride in Sport Inclusion Champion – Coach Award Nomination
- 2017 Pride in Sport Inclusion Champion – Club Award Nomination
- 2017 Pride in Sport Out Role Model Award Nomination
- 2017 Pride in Sport LGBTI Inclusion Initiative
2017 PSI Submissions Closing Dates
- Submissions Close: Friday 24th March, 5pm AEST, 2017