Pride in Sport Index & Awards
Pride in Sport Index
The Pride in Sport Index is an initiative of the Australian Human Rights Commission and the Australian Sports Commission and a legacy of the Bingham Cup, Sydney. Following the release of the Out on the Fields study in May 2015, the largest international study examining homophobia in sport, these organisations commissioned Pride in Diversity to develop a Pride in Sport Index.
The Pride in Sport Index™ (PSI) is the first and only benchmarking instrument specifically designed to assess the inclusion of Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Intersex (LGBTI) people within Australian sport and sporting organisations. Participating in the index will allow Australian sporting organisations to not only assess their own practice, but determine that which constitutes good practice, along with the ability to benchmark their own initiatives against an external measure and other sporting organisations.
An advisory group has been established to assist Pride in Diversity in the development of the Pride in Sport Index. The advisory group includes; the National Rugby League (NRL), the Australian Football League (AFL), the Australian Rugby Union (ARU), Football Federation Australia (FFA), Cricket Australia, Swimming Australia, Water Polo Australia, Basketball Australia and Golf Australia.
2019 Pride in Sport Index Submission Documents
Please click here to download your copy of the 2019 Submission Document (for 2018 calendar year)
We encourage all sporting organisations, clubs and university sports to participate in the 2018 PSI.
There is no cost. You do not need to be a Pride in Sport member. Results are confidential.
Participation will provide you with:
- Transcript of results
- Recognition of participation
- The ability to benchmark your LGBTI work
- Year on year results by which to gauge improvements made as well as identify opportunities for future improvement
- Opportunity to participate in an employee survey with comprehensive high level results fed back to your organisation
- Traffic light report clearly identifying where you scored full points, partial, none at all
- Baseline PowerPoint presentation making it quick and easy to feed back your results to your executive
- Certificate of participation
- Hard copy benchmarking publication
You may also choose to participate anonymously.
2019 submission close (for reporting against 2018):
We can accept individual award submissions between Monday 25th February – 5pm Friday 8th March 2019 (or midnight Saturday 9th March 2019 if sending large file transfer URL’s).
- No later than 5pm, Friday 8th March 2019 for hand-delivered, couriered or mailed submissions (hard copies, USB’s etc). Send to Pride in Sport, ACON, 414 Elizabeth Street, Surry Hills NSW 2010.
- If you are sending this form electronically with a small number of attachments, emails will be accepted. If you are sending the full Pride in Sport submission or several attachments, this must be sent by file transfer program URL’s (Including but not limited to Dropbox, Google Docs, ParcelPost, Microsoft OneDrive or any other internally approved large file transfer system). Deadline for electronic submissions is: midnight Saturday 9th March 2019. Send to email@example.com with a copy to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please call us if you have any questions or need assistance.
2019 Individual Award Nominations
Please click on each listing to download your Individual Award nominations forms
- 2019 LGBTI ALLY Nomination
- 2019 LGBTI Community Sporting Award Nomination
- 2019 LGBTI Inclusion Initiative Nomination
- 2019 LGBTI Inclusive Coach Nomination
- 2019 Pride in Sport OUT Role Model Award Nomination
- 2019 Small Club Award
Keep Up to Date
Pride in Sport
Pride in Sport Index
2019 PSI Document Revisions
|14/09/18||All submission documents||Initial|
|20/09/18||All Individual Nominations Forms||Initial|